OverviewNebosh Health And Safety Certificate
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is one of the UK’s most popular and widely respected health and safety qualifications. More than 200,000 people have passed the General Certificate and it is considered the industry standard. The syllabus is informed by the practices of industry leading health and safety professionals. It provides detailed insights into best practices for health and safety across all industries and sectors.
By enrolling onto this course, you will be equipped with the skills to manage and assess workplace risk effectively.
To register your interest in this course, please email: email@example.com.
Need to know
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The course is ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It is also recommended for those embarking on a health and safety career.
What qualification will I gain?
On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. This is equivalent to a Level 3 qualification.
What will I learn?
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH National General Certificate covers:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- The UK’s key legal requirements
What will I be able to do?
Through study and workplace application, successful learners will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is a two-step process:
- NG1 – An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- NG2 – A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Individuals who successfully complete the NEBOSH certificate often choose to pursue the NEBOSH National Diploma.
This diploma is a qualification at degree level, enhancing your opportunities and furthering your career as a health and safety professional.
Holders of the NEBOSH National General Certificate are also entitled to apply for the following professional memberships:
- Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH with appropriate experience.*
- Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
|Tresham College Corby campus
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.