OverviewHealth and Safety NEBOSH Certificate
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is an examined basic qualification for people who are involved in health and safety at work. Such people include newly appointed safety officers without previous experience, managers and supervisors with part-time responsibility for health and safety and also safety representatives.
To register your interest in this course, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is suitable for anyone who requires new or updated knowledge of workplace first aid.
On this course candidates will learn how to:
- identify the common hazards and unsafe practices likely to be found in workplaces and know the appropriate preventive and protective measures to be taken
- monitor policies, procedures and performance in ensuring health and safety in the workplace
- use proactive and reactive strategies to prevent or control the risk of accidents and ill health
- communicate effectively on health and safety matters
- maintain an information retrieval system and disseminate information when needed
- investigate events which led, or might have led, to death, injury, ill-health or a dangerous occurrence: prepare formal reports and make logical and cost effective proposals to prevent a repetition
- identify the main requirements of health, safety and welfare legislation and approved codes of practise which apply to the workplace
- use reference material to identify the requirements of health and safety legislation and to ensure sound health and safety practices
- undertake workplace inspections, note any hazards and the way they are safeguarded, safe and unsafe working practices and recommended appropriate and cost effective remedial action.
Health and Safety NEBOSH Certificate.
Students who successfully complete their NEBOSH qualification and who have a suitable level of experience in a health and safety role are able to apply for Technician membership (Tech IOSH) of The Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of The International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
|Tresham College Corby campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.