Your Guide to Online Enrolment for Higher Education Courses
Our enrolment process is designed to ensure you are enrolled on to the right course at the right level for you.
We have written this guide to answer some of the questions you may have about the enrolment process and tell you more about the information you will be expected to provide.
STAGES OF ENROLMENT
Please complete the online enrolment form we have emailed to you.
There are five simple steps to our online enrolment form, they are as follows:
- Answer all questions on our enrolment form
- Upload your results/qualifications
- Upload your picture
- Upload proof of identity
- Press ‘Submit form’ button
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
1: You will soon be a student
The College will be busy processing your enrolment and printing your ID card (with the photo you uploaded) and preparing your parking permit if applicable (please be sure to let us know on your application portal that you would like a permit).
2. We are getting ready to welcome you
The College will send you your instructions on when your course will start. This will be w/c 18 September.
This will include:
- The date and time you need to arrive
- Your meeting point (including a map)
3. Your first day
This will be a full day at College where you will get to meet your tutors and classmates and take part in some activities related to your course, such as:
- Introductions to the teaching team
- Team building activities
- Tour of the campus including classrooms and workshops, support services, refreshments, HE Social space, Learning Resource Centre, Reflection Room
On your first day, you will also receive:
- Your Student ID badge & lanyard
- Your timetable
- Other relevant information from your course team
Frequently asked questions
Online enrolment for Higher Education courses starts on Thursday 17 August 2023. Read on to find out how to enrol using our online system.
On Thursday 17 August 2023, you will receive an email which will include a link to our online form to complete your enrolment.
You will need to complete the following steps to enrol:
- Enter your name and email address
- Upload your results/qualifications
- Upload a photo of yourself
- Upload proof of ID
- Sign the declaration
The whole process should take less than 20 minutes to complete.
If you need some support, please watch our video guide.
If you are studying a University of Bedfordshire, University of Northampton or University of Huddersfield programme you will receive a further email from them to complete their enrolment. This normally occurs within five days of completing your enrolment with us.
You will need to provide your payment details when you enrol onto your course. You should have a Student Loan in place or provide details on how you intend to pay.
As part of the online enrolment process you will be asked to upload proof of ID. This should be one of the following:
- UK passport or ID card
- A full birth certificate
- Driver’s licence
- Non-EU passport
- National Insurance Card/Letter
The photograph you provide will be used for your Student ID badge for the year. It should be a recent photo, a true likeness and fit the following criteria:
- Passport photo size
- JPG format and 5mb maximum
- In full colour
- On a plain background
- You should be facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- Your eyes should be open, visible, and free from reflection or glare from glasses (no sunglasses)
- Should not contain other objects, people or animals
- No hats or caps (unless it is for religious or medical reasons)
- No sticking out tongue and/or pulling faces
- No filters/effects applied
More information can be found in our video guide.
Don’t worry if you don’t get the results you had hoped for, or you achieve better than you expected.
Our Customer Contact Centre will be happy to give you information and advice about what you can do next.
If you are already a student with The Bedford College Group and you are progressing from Level 3 to a Higher Education course, our team will be in touch with you to discuss your options.
Not a problem at all! Just contact our Customer Contact Centre on LiveChat via our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest.
We will need you to upload a letter onto the online enrolment system on company headed paper stating that your employer agrees to pay for your course, the amount to be paid, the address to be invoiced, and a purchase order number.
Details about any costs for equipment, uniforms, trips/visits etc. can be found on our website; just search for your course.
There are four bursaries the college offer just for Higher Education students:
- University Centre Hardship Fund
- University Centre Progression Bursary
- University Centre Travel Bursary
- Care Leaver Bursary
These can be applied for via the ‘Pay My Student’ portal once you have enrolled. https://bedford.paymystudent.com/
For further information and how to apply contact the Student Services team at your campus:
Bedford College and Shuttleworth College email:
Tresham College (all campuses) and NC4M email:
You can also apply for a tuition fee loan or a maintenance loan with Student Finance England.
To apply, head to: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance and click the ‘Start Now’ button.
Just have a chat with us via LiveChat on our website or email email@example.com, and we will be happy to help answer any queries you have.