OverviewThe Early Years Practitioner CACHE Level 2 Diploma
To provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
For more information or to enrol onto this course, please contact our Business Development team by clicking here.
You must be at least 16 years old. Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement to show competence in both knowledge and skills. Placement opportunity must allow for skills application with babies and young children.
During the course you will undertake 14 Mandatory Units:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- Health and safety of babies and young children in the early years
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in Early Years Settings
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years Settings
- Understand how to support children’s development
- Support care routines for babies and young children
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Promote play in an Early Years Setting
- Support well-being of babies and young children for healthy lifestyles
- Support babies and young children to be physically active
- Support the needs of babies and young children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Promote positive behaviour in Early Years Settings
- Partnership working in the early years
- Support the needs of the child in preparing for school.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. You will have to access an e-portfolio, complete written assignments, activities, and undertake online learning. An assessor will also visit you in the placement to carry out observations.
This qualification allows progression on to the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications and other relevant Level 3 qualifications relating to early years
This qualification allows a learner to count towards the Level 2 ratio as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner across the Early Years Workforce.
Learners may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as nursery practitioner, classroom assistant or pre-school practitioner.
It is highly recommended that you purchase the qualification course book. As part of this qualification, CACHE recommends completing a Paediatric First Aid qualification.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.