OverviewPreparing to Work in Schools NCFE Level 1 Award
Working within education is rewarding and fulfilling, and this course is a great option for those already working within education or looking to begin their career. Career options include learning support assistant, teaching assistant, classroom assistant or mid-day supervisor.
This qualification prepares learners for further learning and training whilst developing an understanding of the teaching and learning environment in a school setting. It covers areas such as how to support the well-being of a child or young person and child and young person development.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
Need to know
No formal qualifications required. Applicants who may not meet the entry requirements but have relevant work experience within the industry are welcome to apply.
This is a knowledge-only qualification. Learners do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements to take this qualification.
What will I study?
- Understand schools as organisations
- Understand how to keep children and young people healthy, safe and well
- Understand how to communicate with children, young people and adults
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations
- English & maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and maths skills will be vital to any career path and we’re here to support you in developing yours.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
What options are there after completing this course?
- Employment and Career options following this course include learning support assistant, teaching assistant, classroom assistant or mid-day supervisor
- Following this course you can progress onto the Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, Level 2 Support work within Schools and Colleges or others within this group.
|Cbc Dallow Road||
|Cbc Dallow Road||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.