OverviewPlumbing Intermediate (Level 2)
This study Programme is designed to provide the point of entry into industry for 16-24 Year olds wishing to study Plumbing and Heating on a Full Time basis. Your study will encompass practical skills and knowledge of Plumbing and Heating Systems.
The course provides a balance between hands on session in workshops and classroom based theory sessions.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
Need to know
Duration: 1 Year
- 3 GCSEs at grades 9-3 ideally including English and maths or equivalent
Duration: 2 years
- 3 GCSEs grades 9–1 ideally including English & maths and a keen interest in plumbing
Other relevant levels of qualification or experience will be considered.
What qualification will I gain?
- City & Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate in Plumbing (8202-25)
- English and maths qualifications if required
How will I be assessed?
- Your Practical skills will be assessed via Synoptic Assignment.
- Your Knowledge will be assessed by Theory Exam.
- The timing of these assessments is set nationally by City and Guilds.
What will I study?
This study Programme is designed to provide the point of entry into industry for 16-24 Year Olds wishing to study Plumbing and Heating on a Full Time basis.
It combines the practical skills required to complete plumbing tasks, and the knowledge required to design and maintain basic Plumbing systems.
Throughout the study programme you will continue to develop your skills in English and maths to assist you with progression to further study or employment.
Subject units include:
- Health and Safety and Industry Practices
- Plumbing Processes
- Electrical and Scientific Principles
- Cold water 60 215 Hot Water
- Central Heating
- Sanitation and Drainage
English and maths
If you don’t already have GCSE English and maths grade 8-4 (A*-C), we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- You will be required to undertake a period of work experience as part of the programme
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications
- Where possible, trips will be arranged to allow learners to see real world plumbing practices, understand progression opportunities and meet with manufactures in the sector.
On successful completion of this study programme you may wish to apply for further full-time study programmes in Plumbing & Heating. Along with GCSEs, the study programme will enable you to progress to the Plumbing & Heating Level 3 – T-Level
To take part in this course there will be an additional fee of approximately £65 for protective clothing and textbooks required for the course.
An equipment list will be provided prior to the start of the programme and includes steel toe cap boots, overalls and relevant textbooks.
There will be the opportunity to go on trips as part of the course.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, or contact email@example.com.
|Plumbing Centre (Kempston)||
|Tresham College Corby campus||
|Tresham College Wellingborough campus||
|Cbc The Incuba||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.