OverviewMusic HND (Full time)
The new BTEC HND qualification in Music is designed to address an increasing need for high quality professional and technically educated musicians in today’s music industry. The level 5 Session Musician or Production pathways provide students with a clear line of sight to employment or progression to further higher education study.
BTEC has been one of the world’s most recognised applied learning brands, engaging students in practical, interpersonal, and thinking skills, for more than thirty years. You will be taught by lecturers who have extensive experience of the industry and its many facets. They are also current practitioners so you will receive the most up to date instruction from industry tested veterans in their field.
Need to know
- Applicants must have GCSE (or equivalent) English at grade C (grade 4) or above AND
- A BTEC National Diploma or other relevant Level 3 qualification, preferably in a relevant subject OR
- A minimum of one A-Level OR
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate OR
- Appropriate industry experience (please provide details on application)
As a guideline, a typical offer would require you to obtain a UCAS tariff score of between 32 – 48 points, based on your Level 3 studies. You will be invited to attend an audition that will include two audition speeches or one monologue and one song.
Please note that all students who wish to apply for this course who are non-native English speakers, or have not studied the final two years of school/college in English, must demonstrate capability in English to a standard commensurate to:
IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections.
PTE Academic score of 42 to 49.
What qualification will I gain?
BTEC HND in Music.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through practical assignments with no exams – to more accurately reflect the real working environment. Through this engaging approach to learning, you will be ready to face the challenges of the modern Music world armed with the hands-on skills employers demand.
What will I study?
- The session musician pathway will enable you to develop advanced, industry-standard skills in Music Performance, Directing Bands/Ensembles, Arranging Technique, Notation/Transcription, Composing to a Brief and Live Arranging Skills.
- The production pathway will see you develop Mixing and Mastering skills, Advanced sound design for Interactive media, Composing to a Brief, Advanced music Production, and more.
These courses are designed for anybody who wants to gain employment in the performance, session musician or production side of the music industry as well as those wanting to progress onto further study at level 6 in a related topic.
Further study and career options include:
- University for a Top-up Level 6 year. Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Get a job in the Industry straight from the course:
- Careers would include; Session musician, Recording artist, Solo artist, Producer, Sound engineer, Technician, Teacher.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, or contact email@example.com.
|Tresham College Kettering Campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
You could be eligible to take out a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. Click on the link below to find out more about the financial support available for our Higher Education courses.Find out more
If you decide to pay for your course yourself, we also offer an affordable Direct Debit instalments option to help spread the cost of tuition fees (terms apply).
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.