OverviewMassage Therapy City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate
This Level 3 study programme will focus on the development of the underlying principles and practical skills required as a massage therapist, and will prepare you for progression into industry. You will learn how to consult with clients, promote products and services, along with developing a variety of skills and techniques.
Gaining this qualification will provide better employment opportunities to work in the industry. We offer a high street salon experience with external clients for assessments, building skills and confidence.
Need to know
- Evidence of working at GCSE grade 3 (D) and above or
- Any Level 2 qualification
- A good standard of written and spoken English to allow for study and competence for the online examinations.
- It is also desirable that you have good people skills that enhance working with clients
What qualification will I gain?
City and Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Beauty Therapy.
How will I be assessed?
- Ongoing practical assessments throughout the duration of the course for the practical element of the programme
- Online end of unit exams and assignments
What will I study?
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide Indian head massage
- Apply stone therapy massage
What skills will I gain?
- Communication with others
- Practical skills in massage therapy
- Ability to promote products and services
- Confidence working with people
You can progress onto further qualifications.
Working as a massage therapist in the industry. Once fully qualified up to Level 3, career paths include working in salons, in spas, on cruise liners or being self -employed and running their own business.
Average salary is £24,000
- You will need to purchase a kit and uniform to complete the course – kit and uniform costs TBC
- You will have the opportunity to visit Professional Beauty in March – price TBC
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, or contact email@example.com.
|Brooks Hair & Beauty Bedford||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.Part-time Fee Flow Chart
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol on one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not (Please note that if your course is not funded then you will pay a higher fee than what is listed, please contact our Customer Contact team for more information):
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.