OverviewMachining & Toolmaking Technologies (T Level)
This T Level course comprises of three key elements- core knowledge delivery, work placed training and an employer led project.
You will learn as part of your course key engineering concepts, principles and the essential maths and science. You will develop knowledge of materials, tools and fixtures, how to operate machinery and analysis of data and specifications.
The second aspect of the course will be a work placement where you will gain on the job technical skills relevant to your course. As part of the course you will be set a work-based project which will allow you to apply the knowledge and skills you have gained.
GCSEs at Grade 5 or above in English, Maths and Science + one other.
A willingness to undertake work experience
You will undertake:
- Work Placement (40-50 days)
- Work place project
- Engineering technical knowledge to include the following:
- Working within the engineering and manufacturing sectors, Engineering and manufacturing past, present, and future, Engineering representations
- Essential mathematics for engineering and manufacturing, Essential science for engineering and manufacturing, Materials and their properties
- Mechanical principles, Electrical and electronic principles Mechatronics (PLC’s and Pneumatics), Engineering and manufacturing control systems
- Quality management, Health and safety principles and coverage, Business, commercial and financial awareness, Professional responsibilities, attitudes, and behaviours, Stock and asset management, Continuous improvement
- Project and programme management
- Materials structure, composition and properties
- Special requirements for tools and fixtures for the manufacture of components
- How to setup, select and safely operate a range of hand tools and complex machinery
- Analysis of data, documentation, tasks, projects and specifications
- Producing products to specification using suitable methods and techniques
- Undertaking maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Project management and process improvement
The course will involve both written coursework, employer set projects and examinations.
City and Guilds T Level Technical Qualification in Engineering, Manufacturing, Processing and Control (Machining and Toolmaking) (Level 3)
- Degree courses within The Bedford College Group
- Degree options within the Engineering sector
- Apprenticeships within the Engineering sector
Progression into the Engineering industry within the specialism that you have chosen.
- Engineering Technician
- Engineering Manufacturing Technician
The work placement will provide an opportunity to learn and apply technical skills gained during the qualification. This placement will be within a company or organisation which is within the engineering sector or delivering engineering skill-based services. Learners will be expected to undertake 315 hours of work place learning across the two-year programme.
Personal computer is required.
|Bedford College|| |
|Apply now|| |
|Tresham College Corby campus|| |
|Apply now|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.