OverviewEngineering Technician Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
The Engineering technician apprenticeship combines classroom training with practical workshop activities. This will further develop learning within the workplace across a range of engineering disciplines conducted in the College setting and then further developed in the workplace. You’ll achieve industry recognised qualifications, develop your engineering skills and knowledge.
|Tresham College Corby campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
It is desirable that apprentices will hold GCSEs in maths English and ICT at grade C or above. If the apprentice has been employed without these grades the opportunity to undertake Functional Skills at level 2 will be an essential element to achieving all elements of the level 2 apprenticeship.
You will study a range of topics, such as:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements (Mandatory)
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment (Mandatory)
- Using and communicating technical information (Mandatory)
- Demonstrating Personal Accountability in an Engineering Environment (Mandatory)
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- General Fabrication and Welding Applications
- General Maintenance Engineering Applications
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace Mandatory
- Communications for Engineering Technicians Mandatory
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians Mandatory
- Engineering Project
- Further Engineering Mathematics
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Mechanical Principles
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices
- Computer -aided design in engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
You will be assessed
- Knowledge Module qualifications are exam assessed through an exam. These will be multiple choice.
- A portfolio of workplace evidence is to be created throughout the duration of the apprenticeship using Onefile
- Gateway assessment
- End Point Assessment
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
On successful completion of this Apprenticeship you can progress to our Higher National Certificate (HNC) Engineering programme.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided by the employer. Apprentices will require relevant stationary and scientific calculator to complete their studies.
How to apply
To start this Apprenticeship you will need to be employed in a relevant job role – visit the Apprenticeships section of our website, where you can view our Apprenticeship vacancies. For further information or queries you can email us or call 01234 291747.
Apprentices do not have to pay a fee to study, however the employer may be required to pay depending on their Levy entitlement/age of the candidate. For further information call 01234 291747.View apprenticeship vacancies
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.