OverviewEngineering for Construction: Electrotechnical Engineering (T Level)
The qualification will help you gain an understanding of the BSE industry and the sector and you will cover topics such as: Health and Safety, construction science principles, sustainability in the construction industry and building services engineering systems.
T- Levels are aimed at 16 to 19-year-olds, and follow their progression from GCSE’s, T-levels are aimed at students seeking an alternative to A-levels.
T-Levels will offer a mix of classroom study and technical training (practical), with an industry placement of at least 315 hours – (approximately nine weeks) along with the academic subjects.
Those who successfully complete their T-Level will be awarded one of four overall grades, ranging from a Distinction* to a Pass. Students who achieve the very top grade in their T-level qualification will have the equivalent of three A*s at A-level.
4 GCSEs grades 9-4 including English Language and Maths.
Core component (Year 1) contains:
- Fundamental Health & Safety practices associated with carrying out construction and BSE work
- Scientific principles related to construction activities
- Construction design principles
- Construction and the built environment industry
- Principles of sustainability and design, relevant to construction projects
- Information, data and principles of measurements
- Building technology principles
- Construction information and data principles
- Relationship management in construction
- Digital technology in construction
- Construction commercial/business principles
- Building Services Engineering (BSE) systems
- Maintenance principles
- Tools, equipment and materials used in BSE
Subject Specialism (Year 2) contains:
- Health and safety practices associated with carrying out electrotechnical systems engineering
- Installation methods and termination of connections
- Systems and products used in electrotechnical engineering
- Analysing and using information to and from electrotechnical systems
- Removal processes as part of system decommissioning
Externally assessed exams and externally assessed project and practical assessments.
Engineering for Construction Electrotechnical Engineering Level 3 (T Level)
This technical qualification focuses on the development of knowledge and skills needed for working in the Building services Engineering industry, which will prepare you to enter the industry through employment or as an Apprentice. Furthermore, the completion of this qualification gives the learner the opportunity to progress onto higher education courses and training.
Trips, visits, enhancement activities and employer/guest speakers – to be arranged.
|Tresham College Corby campus||
|Tresham College Wellingborough campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
T levels explained
T Levels are two-year courses in England that can be studied by 16-18 year olds after finishing their GCSEs.Find out more
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.