OverviewElectrical Installation Intermediate (Level 2)
Are you looking to start or progress your career in the construction industry? With over 300,000 new homes required by the UK each year this industry is booming and in need of skilled tradespeople and employees across all areas of the business.
This course will give you the opportunity to develop a range of basic skills in Electrical Installation, supporting progression on to further study.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
Need to know
Duration: 1 Year
- 3 GCSEs grades 9-3 OR equivalent ideally including English & maths
Duration: 2 years
- 3 GCSEs grades 9–1 ideally including English & maths
A keen interest in Electrical Installation and a passion for learning
How will I be assessed?
This course includes online exams and ongoing practical assessments. Lessons can consist of lectures, discussions, independent research, online tests and individual and group practical tasks.
What will I study?
Areas of study could include:
- Health & safety
- Principles of electrical science and communication
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- Personal Professional Development sessions (PPD) will teach you valuable skills that employers are looking for including communication, time management and life skills that you can take with you anywhere you go!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- English & maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and maths skills will be vital to any career path and we’re here to support you in developing yours.
- Work Experience is crucial to preparing you for your next steps and here you will have access to a wide range of employers to make sure you gain plenty of workplace experience.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You can progress onto another course in Electrical Installation. You may also wish to look into an Apprenticeship in a related field.
Coming to College is a full time commitment and you will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement. If you are concerned about this, please click here to see what financial support is available through our Student Services team.
You will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost your course book (£25) and PPE. Trips and visits that may be arranged as well as your own portable memory device, pens and paper.
|Cbc The Incuba||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.