OverviewCounselling Children & Young People CPCAB Level 5 Diploma
This post qualifying qualification is designed to give learners the specialist knowledge, skills and competences to work as counsellors with children and young people aged 11-18.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to work as counsellors with this age group in a range of job and career opportunities, which include but are not limited to:
- A counsellor employed by a School or College
- A counsellor in an agency or organisation which specialise in counselling children and young people
- A private counsellor working for an external organisation such as a school, youth club, wellness/mental health setting
- An ‘adult’ counsellor in independent practice wishing to extend their work to cover this age range
Need to know
Essential: Diploma in Counselling level 4 or equivalent that included at least 100 supervised placement hours, 420 classroom hours, 20 hours of personal therapy.
Preferred: Person-centred modality
Counselling Children and Young People CPCAB CYP-L5 Diploma
During the course students will experience a wide variety of assessments that will call upon a range of differing skills. These will include: Ongoing internal assessment of a portfolio of work, including learning reviews, assignments, case presentations, case studies, supervision reports, logged counselling hours and a reflective journal. There will also be an externally assessed case study.
7 Units of the course
- Working ethically and safely with CYP
- Facilitating a relationship with a CYP
- Understand and work with diversity with CYP
- Work collaboratively, creatively, and flexibly to engage CYP in counselling work
- Work with self-awareness as a CYP counsellor
- Use theory and research and skills to work effectively with CYP
- Monitor and maintain professional practice and effectiveness as a CYP counsellor
Learners are required to complete a minimum of 60 hours formally contracted counselling (one-to-one), with children and young people. The hours are to include client assessment and practice work with at least 4 different clients between the ages of 11-18.
- Gaining Accreditation status with BACP, practising as an independent practitioner
- Private practice
- CPCAB L6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- Further professional development in postgraduate studies
Cost of course
- Cost of 20 hours personal therapy.
- Approx £40 per hour Cost of supervision for the 60 hours work placement usually 1 hr 30 per month
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Corby Manor House
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.