Apprenticeships starting in September could secure the future of young people who can apply now via Bedford College.
In these uncertain times, the prospect of a job with Vauxhall at Luton and Millbrook Proving Ground is going to be highly sought-after.
Sixteen Advanced Apprenticeships for those aged 16+ are being offered with applications being sought on-line now at Vauxhall.
Those with, or with predicted 5 GCSEs at A*-C (or 9-4) grades including English, Maths and a science (or equivalent) must apply before 5th April in readiness for a start date in September 2020.
The four-year Advance Apprenticeship has a starting salary of £236.53 per week and begins with a year of full-time study at Bedford College then working in Luton.
Meanwhile at Millbrook Proving Ground there are seven engineering apprenticeships on offer.
Gina Bubbins, Director of Business Development at The Bedford College Group said:
These apprenticeships are the sort of life opportunities which many families can only dream of. Access to them is via the link below and the apprentices will be helped every step of the way by our experienced staff here at Bedford College.
For example as part of the Vauxhall Advanced Apprenticeship, the employees will acquire a raft of industry qualifications and skills starting with the Standard for Engineering Technician Level 3 then:
*Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
• Foundation Competence – EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Gateway Assessment on completion of Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• Development Competence – EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
• Development Knowledge – Pearsons Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
• College attendance
• Regular visits from the College into the workplace
• Observations and assessments in the workplace
• Use of e-portfolio
• Independent End Point Assessment on completion of employer sign off of competence
• Ongoing support and training from both College and the employer
* Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
These and many more apprenticeships can be found here.