Whatever your age, if you are unsure about your career or confused about which course you should do, then our Student Services coordinators can help you decide what the right path is for you – even before you join the College. They will then be there throughout your course if you need them. Student Services coordinators are experts in their field and are trained to Level 6 in Careers, Advice and Guidance.
Our aim is to provide all the information and impartial guidance you need to make choices about your education, training and work prospects as part of our comprehensive Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme which includes:
- Individual guidance and support in helping you identify career goals and paths
- Workshops to enhance employability skills, including; Interview skills, C.V writing, Job Search
- Individual guidance interviews with qualified careers advisers
- Support with UCAS applications and interviews
- Student finance guidance
- Careers information about job and training opportunities, including advice on advice on
- Labour Market Information
- Open access careers information libraries which include information about industry areas, university and college prospectuses and reference books
- Computer-aided career choice programmes and information databases available on the student intranet
- Help with employment, Higher Education choices and applications
- 1:1 Support with Personal Statements and UCAS applications
- Participation in cross college events e.g. Career Awareness Fairs, STEM Week, Apprenticeship Week, guest lecturers and employer visits
- Health & wellbeing services
- Careermap – a useful and inspiring resource
- Come along and talk through all your options with one of our friendly Student Services coordinators. They’re professionally qualified and offer impartial advice to help you make the right choices for your future.
Our Student Services coordinators are available throughout the year
Our Student Services coordinators are available throughout the year, you can contact them using the Live Chat icon in the bottom of your screen (available Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.00pm, or leave a message if outside of these hours) to make an appointment or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Careers lead for Bedford College
Please contact Simone Newman
Tel: 01536 413157