The Safe Place scheme provides a network of safe harbour locations on campus, providing access to emergency support, signposting to reporting & support services, and a safe place to wait following a violent, hateful or harassing incident.
If you have experienced a violent, hateful or harassing incident you can head to a Safe Place to:
- Ask for Campus Estates Team to be called (if needed).
- Request emergency services such as police, or an ambulance (if needed).
- Explore your options for reporting the incident (if you wish to).
- Access resources about Student Services, college, local and/or national support services.
- Have a safe place to wait a while.
Each Safe Place prominently displays a sticker that looks like this:
Safe Places include Student Services, LRC’s and Wellbeing zones.