OverviewUnderstanding the Principles of Dementia Care TQUK Level 3 Certificate
This qualification enables learners to develop knowledge and understanding of caring for individuals with dementia. Successful completion of the units will allow learners to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia and its effects including the types of dementia, diagnosis, person-centred approaches, communication in dementia care and the use of medication to support individuals with dementia.
Study at times to suit you. Gain a Level 3 qualification for FREE.
- Principles of understanding dementia
- Understand the use of person-centred approaches to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support
- Principles of supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care
- Principles of understanding equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- Understand how individuals with dementia can be supported to exercise rights and choices
- Principles of administration of medication to individuals with dementia
You will gain:
- NCFE LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN UNDERSTANDING THE PRINCIPLES OF DEMENTIA CARE
There are several next steps that you can take. You can go on to study another Level 2 or 3 course. Alternatively, you could enrol on to our Access to Higher Education course or other further education courses (subject to entry requirements).
By completing this course, you will gain the skills and knowledge that employers find desirable. It is also a great opportunity for continuous professional development.
|Distance Learning Generic BCG|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.