OverviewSite Carpentry CSkills Awards Level 2 Diploma
This course provides you with the skills and experience you need to carry out a range of carpentry work to the standards agreed by the leading industry bodies, enabling you to gain a good overall understanding of the wood trade. Provides the underpinning knowledge and skills to prepare you for a career in the industry.
|Tresham College Corby campus|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Carpentry & Joinery Skills Diploma Level 1 or an equivalent level qualification.
Theoretical and Practical training in every aspect related to Site Carpentry at Level 2. Some units will have been accumulated through studies at earlier levels.
- CC 1001K Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 1001S Carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 2002K Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2002S Information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2003K Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- CC 2003S Building methods and construction technology
- CC 2008K Know how to carry out first fixing operations
- CC 2008S Carry out first fixing operations
- CC 2009K Know how to carry out second fixing
- CC 2009S Carry out second fixing
- CC 2010K Know how to erect structural carcassing
- CC 2010S Erect structural carcassing
- CC 2011K Know how to carry out maintenance
- CC 2011S Carry out maintenance
- CC 2012K Know how to set up and operate a circular saw
- CC 2012S Set up and operate a circular saw.
Trips to building exhibition and building sites are part of your studies. You can also take a Health & Safety test.
In course assessment, end unit tests, practical synoptic test.
Progression onto Site Carpentry Skills Diploma Level 3, or alternatively you can go into employment as a site carpenter and study towards an NVQ Level 2.
At interview you will be asked to complete a skills assessment.
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
This course could be FREE! You could be eligible for free study if you are unemployed and on a qualifying benefit. To find out if you are eligible open our Part-time fee flow chart below or call our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990.
Part-time Fee Flow Chart
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol on one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.