OverviewPreparing to Work in Adult Social Care NCFE Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
This qualification provides a taster for those new to the sector and aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
All of the Level 2 courses are free. These courses last up to 16 weeks and you can start them at any point throughout the year, and complete them in your own free time.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
Need to know
What qualification will I gain?
You will gain:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
How will I be assessed?
Online written assignments.
What will I study?
The units you will study are:
- Principles of communication in adult social care
- Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Understand the role of the social care worker
- Understand person centred approaches in adult social care
- Understand health and safety in adult social care settings
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
There are several next steps that you can take. You can go on to study another Level 2 distance learning course or a Level 3 one.
Alternatively, you could enrol on to our Access to Higher Education course or other further education courses (subject to entry requirements).
Please note that an administration charge of £100 will be charged if learners do not complete the course within the allocated 16 weeks.
If you would like to find out more about this course, please email: email@example.com.
|Distance Learning Generic BCG
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.