OverviewPlumbing & Heating Advanced Apprenticeship
The role of Plumbing and Heating Technician will include the planning, fitting and service of domestic water, heating and drainage systems.
This standard will allow learners to gain all of the skills and qualifications required for a career in the Plumbing and Heating industry.
Possible job roles may include:
- Domestic Heating Engineer Domestic Heating Installer
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Installer
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Engineer
Bedford – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Corby – Monday.
September, November, January.
When offered job role and start date agreed with employer.
As soon as Apprentice starts employment. Arrangements will be made to start apprenticeship and college delivery.
Areas covered include:
- Health and safety systems
- Common processes and techniques
- Scientific principles
- Planning and supervision
- Cold water systems
- Hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Rainwater systems
- Sanitation systems
- Environmental technology systems
- Domestic fuel systems
- Electrical work and the control of plumbing and domestic heating systems
- Install, commission, service and maintain domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Specific domestic core safety for natural gas
- Install and maintain gas water heating and wet central heating appliances
For more information, please visit here:
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English
- GCSE grade 4 and above Maths and English
- Level 1 Equivalent or Grade 3 and above Maths and English
- Learning a variety of skills to enable the apprentice to be able to develop and complete their Apprenticeship and EPA
- 20% off the job training
- College attendance
- Regular 10/12/week Meetings with Training Coordinator and Apprentice to discuss progress and set SMART targets throughout apprenticeships
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship you could go on to study towards a Level 4 Foundation Degree in Building Services.
Entry to the Competent Persons Scheme in gas, water and unvented hot water and work within the industry.
- Safety boots
- High-visibility clothing
- Tools (optional to bring into college)
How to apply
To start this Apprenticeship you will need to be employed in a relevant job role – visit the Apprenticeships section of our website, where you can view our Apprenticeship vacancies. For further information or queries you can email us or call 01234 291747.
Apprentices do not have to pay a fee to study, however the employer may be required to pay depending on their Levy entitlement/age of the candidate. For further information call 01234 291747.View apprenticeship vacancies
|Plumbing Centre (Bedford College)|| |
|Work Based|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.