OverviewNail Technology City & Guilds Level 2 Award
The course will focus on the practical and theoretical elements of the gel nail extension system. There will be lessons dedicated to the practical treatments and classroom-based activities. You will be set homework assignments as well as dedicate time for practising your new skills.
This professional course equips you with the skills you need to carry out gel nail extensions to a nationally recognised standard.
This course covers all aspects of applying, maintaining and removing acrylic nail extensions professionally. You will study the theoretical aspects of the service as well as providing a thorough consultation to determine your client’s objectives.
With supportive tuition you will have the opportunity to experience applying and receiving the nail service ensuring you have the knowledge and skills to provide nail enhancements to clients.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
Need to know
- Evidence of working at GCSE grade 3 (D) and above, ideally including English and maths
- Any Level 2 qualification
- A good standard of written and spoken English to allow for study and competence for the online examinations.
- It is also desirable that you have good people skills that enhance working with clients
What qualification will I gain?
City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Nail Technology.
How will I be assessed?
- Ongoing practical assessments throughout the duration of the course for the practical element of the programme where you will have the opportunity gain a pass, merit or distinction
- Online end of unit exams and assignments
What will I study?
- Health and safety
- Provide and maintain nail enhancement
What skills will I gain?
- Communication with others
- Practical skills in gel nail extensions
- Ability to promote products and services
- Confidence working with people
What will I study?
The course will include a mix of practical and theory sessions to include:
- An introduction to basic manicure
- Preparation of client including consultation methods
- Anatomy & physiology of the nail and skin
- Theory of products and equipment
- Health & safety requirements for nail technologies
- The application of acrylic nails systems
- Maintenance and aftercare advice
- Removal techniques
You can progress onto further qualifications e.g. Level 2 Beauty Therapy, Massage Therapies.
This course can lead to employment as a Level 2 Gel nail technician.
Following the completion of the course you could provide acrylic nail enhancements on a professional level.
- You will require stationery – a folder and clip board and note pad and pen for note taking
- A uniform is required approx. £50
- Kit required – price TBC
- You will be required to purchase a kit (prices available at interview)
- Professional dress code is required of a black tunic (available through college), smart black trousers and closed in low heel black shoes. You will need to wear your hair up (if long) and remove any jewellery or visible piercings to conform to City & Guilds assessment requirements
- You will also need to buy a ring binder folder for theory notes and your portfolio of evidence
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, or contact email@example.com.
|Brooks Hair & Beauty Bedford||
|Tresham College Corby campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.