OverviewMotor Vehicle Maintenance Intermediate (Level 2)
This study programme which combines classroom based knowledge with practical tasks and modules suited to the needs of the motor industry thus allowing the student to comprehend vital elements of motor vehicle technology.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
To begin this study programme you will need…
Duration: 1 year
- Body Repair & Paint or Maintenance at Level 1
Duration: 2 years
- 3 GCSEs grades 9–1 ideally including English & maths and a keen interest in motor vehicle technologies
- Other relevant levels of qualification or experience will be considered
During the study programme you will study a range of topics, including:
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance with inclusion of MOT specifications
- Engines, including lubrication systems, cooling systems and engine management systems
- Electrics, including charging, starting and regulatory systems
- Chassis units including ABS, ESP, advanced suspension and steering systems
- Transmission including clutches, manual and automatic gearboxes, final drive units and differentials
- Basic Engineering which complies with industry needs and standards
- Subject units:
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Health and safety
- Positive working relationships
- Removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle transmission units and components
- Conducting pre and post-work vehicle inspections
- English and maths:
If you don’t already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Work experience
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- You will also be given the opportunity to go on industry related trips
Theory: Every unit is assessed via a coursework based phase test and an online multiple choice assessment.
Practical: Every unit is assessed by observations combined with questions and task sheets.
Students can progress on to a Level 3 study programme. This Level 2 qualification also prepares technicians for ATA Assessment at Service Maintenance Technician level.
To take part in this study programme there will be an additional fee of approximately £24 for required clothing and £10 for any trips and visits.
This course can be completed in one year or two years dependent on your grades. Please apply for the course as normal and you will be placed on the appropriate course during the application/ enrolment process. For any questions, please contact email@example.com
|Tresham College Corby campus||
|Tresham College Wellingborough campus||
|Cbc Dunstable Luton Road||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses might still be free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. Whether you need to pay a fee and how much will be dependent on the programme you choose to study. For more information call 0345 658 8990.
If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at: www.bedfordcollegegroup.co.uk/finance or view the Full-time Fee Flow Chart below.
If you are unsure whether you need to pay or not then please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990.Full-time Fee Flow Chart
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol onto one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not (Please note that if your course is not funded then you will pay a higher fee than what is listed, please contact our Customer Contact team for more information):
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Barnsley and Doncaster
- West Yorkshire
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.