OverviewMotor Vehicle Maintenance Intermediate (Level 2)
This study programme which combines classroom based knowledge with practical tasks and modules suited to the needs of the motor industry thus allowing the student to comprehend vital elements of motor vehicle technology.
To begin this study programme you will need…
Duration: 1 year
- Body Repair & Paint or Maintenance at Level 1
Duration: 2 years
- 3 GCSEs grades 9–1 ideally including English & maths and a keen interest in motor vehicle technologies
- Other relevant levels of qualification or experience will be considered
During the study programme you will study a range of topics, including:
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance with inclusion of MOT specifications
- Engines, including lubrication systems, cooling systems and engine management systems
- Electrics, including charging, starting and regulatory systems
- Chassis units including ABS, ESP, advanced suspension and steering systems
- Transmission including clutches, manual and automatic gearboxes, final drive units and differentials
- Basic Engineering which complies with industry needs and standards
- Subject units:
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Health and safety
- Positive working relationships
- Removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle transmission units and components
- Conducting pre and post-work vehicle inspections
- English and maths:
If you don’t already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Work experience
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- You will also be given the opportunity to go on industry related trips
Theory: Every unit is assessed via a coursework based phase test and an online multiple choice assessment.
Practical: Every unit is assessed by observations combined with questions and task sheets.
Students can progress on to a Level 3 study programme. This Level 2 qualification also prepares technicians for ATA Assessment at Service Maintenance Technician level.
To take part in this study programme there will be an additional fee of approximately £24 for required clothing and £10 for any trips and visits.
This course can be completed in one year or two years dependent on your grades. Please apply for the course as normal and you will be placed on the appropriate course during the application/ enrolment process. For any questions, please contact email@example.com
|Tresham College Corby campus|| |
|Apply now|| |
|Brunel Road centre|| |
|Apply now|| |
|Tresham College Wellingborough campus|| |
|Apply now|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.