OverviewLight Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles IMI Level 2 Diploma
This qualification is a two year course which combines classroom based knowledge with practical skills relevant to the motor vehicle industry. This course is suitable if you have prior knowledge and experience of working in the Motor Vehicle Maintenance industry, your qualifications are no longer valid or you don’t have relevant qualifications.
You will need:
- Experience and employment within the motor industry
During the course you will study a range of topics, including:
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance with inclusion of MOT specifications
- Engines, including lubrication systems, cooling systems and engine management systems
- Electrics, including charging, starting and regulatory systems.
- Chassis units including ABS, ESP, advanced suspension and steering systems
- Transmission including clutches, manual and automatic gearboxes, final drive units and differentials.
- Engineering skills that comply with industry needs and standards.
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Health and safety
- Positive working relationships
- Removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components.
- Removing and replacing light vehicle transmission units and components
- Conducting pre and post-work vehicle inspections.
Every unit is assessed via a coursework based phase test and an on-line multiple choice exam.
Practical: Every unit is assessed by observations combined with questions and task sheets.
Students can progress onto a Level 3 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair course. This Level 2 qualification also prepares technicians for ATA assessment at Service Maintenance Technician level.
To take part in this course you will need to provide suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) for use in the College workshops. If you are aged 16-18, tuition fees, exam fees and College membership are free. However, there are additional costs associated with some courses. For example, you may be required to purchase specialist uniforms, equipment or books.
|Brunel Road centre||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
This course could be FREE! You could be eligible for free study if you are unemployed and on a qualifying benefit. To find out if you are eligible open our Part-time fee flow chart below or call our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990.
Part-time Fee Flow Chart
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol on one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not (Please note that if your course is not funded then you will pay a higher fee than what is listed, please contact our Customer Contact team for more information):
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.