OverviewGames Design Advanced (Level 3)
This Extended Diploma will give you the chance to engage with both practical and theoretical aspects of games design. You will also gain useful design skill and develop your knowledge of the games industry. You will be expected to acknowledge and apply industry codes and conventions to their work. This study programme is ideal if you wish to gain a Level 3 qualification and progress to university or employment.
- 4 GCSEs at grades 9-4 or equivalent, ideally including English and maths
- Creative Media Production at Level 2
- ICT Level 2
Key areas studied will include planning, organising, narrative design, 2D games Production, basic animation and 3D modelling. You will develop knowledge of the ownership and function of games design codes and conventions, and apply this in a vocational context. The UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (Games Design) based at Tresham college.
- Pre-production techniques for games design
- Communication skills for creative media production
- Research techniques for the Games industry
- Working to a brief in the creative media industry
- Games Design studies
- Unit 1 introduction to media processes and technical skills.
- Unit 2: introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Unit 3:Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Unit 4:critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
- Unit 5:investigating audio production and technology
- Unit 6: investigating visual production and technology
- Unit 7:investigating interactive media production and technology
- Unit 8 FMP
English and maths:
If you don’t already have GCSE English and maths grade 9-4
- (A*-C), we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Work experience
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications
You will gain:
- Creative Media Production and Technology UAL Level 3 Diploma (Games Design)
plus English and maths qualifications if required
You can also gain up to 168 UCAS points.
On successful completion of this study programme you can progress on to study a Games Design HNC, a BA (Hons) in a related subject, or to employment in the Games industry.
You will be required to provide your own headphones and memory stick/hard drive approximately £40-£50.
|Tresham College Kettering Campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at: www.bedfordcollegegroup.co.uk/finance or view the Full-time Fee Flow Chart below.
If you are unsure whether you need to pay or not then please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990.Full-time Fee Flow Chart
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol onto one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not (Please note that if your course is not funded then you will pay a higher fee than what is listed, please contact our Customer Contact team for more information):
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Barnsley and Doncaster
- West Yorkshire
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.