OverviewEngineering Operative Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Engineering Operatives are predominantly involved in engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustain the sector.
The role covers a wide range of common and job specific skills sets that can be transferred across the manufacturing engineering industry sectors during the course of their careers. Dependent on the sector that they are employed in there may be subtle differences in terms of composition and application of the job role specific skills and knowledge they will require, however the core skills and knowledge will be the same regardless of the sector/area they work in.
18 months delivered over 24 months – 2 academic years.
September delivery start at College.
Knowledge – Certificate qualification:
- Engineering environment awareness
- Thermal cutting techniques
- Engineering maintenance techniques
- Fitting and assembly techniques
- Business improvement techniques
Skills – Diploma qualification:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in advanced manufacturing and engineering
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment and circuits
- Preparing and using semi-automatic MIG, MAG and flux cored arc welding equipment
For more information, please visit here:
- Grade 3 Maths and English
- To be working within an Engineering environment
- Grade 3 Maths and English
- Grade 4 Maths and English
- Specific machinery, equipment and tooling required for the technical support operation
- Different technical support techniques
- Specific safe working practices, procedures and quality requirements that need to be observed
- Plan the technical support operation before they start
- Prepare equipment, tooling, materials, etc. and complete set up activities before carrying out the technical support
- Carry out the technical support operation in line with specific safe working practices and specification requirements
- Carry out quality checks during and after the technical support operation
Level 3 Engineering Standard to fulfil additional job role/responsibilities on completion of Level 2 outcomes and EPA.
The following PPE/Equipment is required:
- Safety boots
- Overalls (Fire Retardant – for Welding delivery)
Study is available at the following campuses:
- Tresham College Corby Campus
|Tresham College Corby campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
How to apply
To start this Apprenticeship you will need to be employed in a relevant job role – visit the Apprenticeships section of our website, where you can view our Apprenticeship vacancies. For further information or queries you can email us or call 01234 291747.
Apprentices do not have to pay a fee to study, however the employer may be required to pay depending on their Levy entitlement/age of the candidate. For further information call 01234 291747.View apprenticeship vacancies
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.