OverviewEngineering (Mechanical Manufacturing) Advanced (Level 3)
The Level 3 Diploma in Engineering provides you with knowledge and practical skills for the broad engineering sector as a whole.
The Level 3 Diploma in Engineering allows you to focus on developing your knowledge and practical skills and is ideal for experienced learners with an understanding and practical experience of specialist engineering technologies and principles.
You will work in a realistic working environment.
Ready to apply?Apply Now
Need to know
- 4 x GCSEs at grade A-C / 9-4 including maths and English
How will I be assessed?
Observation, online exams, portfolio evidence, short answer question papers.
What qualification will I gain?
Level 3 Diploma in Engineering – Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (2850-34).
What will I study?
- Engineering Health & Safety
- Engineering Principles
- Principles of Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Platework fabrication of materials
- Detailed Fitting Materials
- Produce drawings using CAD
What skills will I gain?
These qualifications allow learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the engineering industry.
Your study programme
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- Personal Professional Development sessions (PPD) will teach you valuable skills that employers are looking for including communication, time management and life skills that you can take with you anywhere you go!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- English & maths: You may not be sure whether these subjects are relevant to you, but good English and maths skills will be vital to any career path and we’re here to support you in developing yours.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
Course /Career progression
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your journey.
You can progress onto a higher education course in Engineering, employment or an Apprenticeship in a related field.
PPE is mandatory –
- Steel toe capped boots or shoes
- Work trousers or overalls
- Safety Goggles/glasses
|Cbc Dunstable Luton Road||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.