OverviewEngineering Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Level 4
The broad purpose of the occupation is to provide specialist technical support for engineers, so that organisations can develop, produce or test new/existing products, processes, or procedures to meet a customer specification in terms of quality, cost and delivery, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
This occupation is found in large and small engineering and manufacturing organisations providing products and services throughout a wide range of sectors, such as Automotive, Aerospace/Airworthiness, Chemical Processing, Land Systems, Marine, Maritime Defence, Materials Manufacturers and their respective supply chains. Research indicates that the sector needs to recruit approximately 124,000 engineers and technicians every year.
2 years day release attendance.
Year 1 – Wednesday
Year 2 – Thursday
Anytime throughout the year.
Training can start at any time and the college attendance will start in September.
HNC General Engineering
- Engineering Maths
- Electro-Mechanical Science
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics Applications
- PLC’s and Automation
- Mechanical Principles
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
For more information, please visit here:
GCSE grade 4 in Maths and English
To be working within an Engineering environment.
BTEC or VRQ Level 3 Engineering 120 Credit Diploma or A Level Maths and Physics.
- Ensure the safe and efficient performance of every production task in compliance with company procedures, approved engineering data and local Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure Safe Systems of Work and risk assessments (assisting as necessary in the completion of risk assessments) are adhered to for engineering or manufacturing activities.
- Prepare product and process documentation by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends. Manage internal and/or Supplier Quality Notifications, and liaison with the required stakeholders for resolution.
- Liaise with internal and external customers to implement programme initiatives, such as the application of lean analysis methods, processes and tools.
- Carry out new product introduction and/or existing product modifications within engineering and/or manufacturing by contributing to activities such as facilitation of quality activities (including any testing and/or commissioning requirements), supplier approvals, gate reviews.
- Deliver financial planning or costing analysis such as:- estimation of costs for manufacture, supplying drawings or specification for quotations, obtaining manufacture quotes, calculating costs associated with quality problem or machine downtime.
- Develop new technology initiatives by contributing to activities such as, justifying capital investment equipment/system upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning.
- Produce and maintain reports measuring Key Performance Indicators for data management activities.
- Ensure processes and current methods of engineering and manufacturing are as efficient and cost effective, such as:- utilising time and motion analysis, line balancing and flow to achieve the required level of production output.
- Liaise with appropriate internal and external stakeholders at all levels to ensure that engineering and manufacturing operations are completed in line with the agreed time scales.
- Examples of stakeholders could include production managers, production operatives, auditors, suppliers, customers. Ensure work process and outcomes comply with any local, national and or international regulatory or compliance requirements. Such as :- maintain compliance to Aerospace Regulatory bodies (CAA, EASA,MAA) as well as the wider regulations (such as Anti Bribery and Corruption, Export Control).
- Resolve identified engineering and/or manufacturing problems such as:- contributing to the route cause analysis exercise applying appropriate levels of containment and corrective action.
- Produce engineering and/or manufacturing documentation (such as:- Build Manuals, Standard Operating Instructions/processes, Bill of Materials) to aid and ensure consistent, compliant and cost effective manufacturing processes.
- Review engineering or manufacturing methods to determine the most effective and economical method whilst meeting drawing/specification requirements.
HND/Degree Apprenticeship to fulfil additional job role/responsibilities on completion of level 3 outcomes and EPA.
Study is available at the following campuses:
- Bedford College
How to apply
To start this Apprenticeship you will need to be employed in a relevant job role – visit the Apprenticeships section of our website, where you can view our Apprenticeship vacancies. For further information or queries you can email us or call 01234 291747.
Apprentices do not have to pay a fee to study, however the employer may be required to pay depending on their Levy entitlement/age of the candidate. For further information call 01234 291747.View apprenticeship vacancies
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.