- three GCSEs at grade C or above in Mathematics, Science and English
- a First Certificate/Diploma in a related subject
- an equivalent Level 2 qualification.
If you are over 21, you may gain entry to the course subject to a successful interview, and will be considered individually on your experience rather than your qualifications.
Year 1 Units – for 60-credit Subsidiary Diploma only:
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Electronic Measurement and Testing
Year 2 Units – for the full 120-credit Diploma:
- Engineering Project
- Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Selecting and Using Programmable Logic Controllers
- Microprocessor Systems and Applications
- Further Electrical Principles
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Assessment is on a continuing basis and will include phase tests and assignments.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.