OverviewBrickwork Intermediate (Level 2)
This Intermediate study programme will provide you with the training you will require to develop your skills and the experience to carry out bricklaying to industry standards.
To begin this study programme you will need…
Duration: 2 Years
- 3 GCSEs at grades 9-1 ideally including English and maths, and a keen interest in brickwork.
- If you already hold a Level 1 then you may be able to do this study programme over one year.
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- How to interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Knowledge of and masonry cladding
- How to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers How to build cavity walling forming masonry structures
English and maths:
If you don’t already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
Assessments will be carried out at the end of each unit.
Bricklaying NOCN-CSkills Awards Level 2 Diploma Plus:
- Health, Safety and Environment (CSCS) Test
- English and maths qualifications if required
On successful completion you could progress on to Brickwork Level 3. Alternatively you could progress into employment as a bricklayer. In addition you could collect work based evidence which can be converted into an NVQ Level 2.
To take part in this study programme you will be required to pay for:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), approximately £30
- Textbooks, approximately £20
- You will also be required to pay approximately £40 to take a CSCS test. This will allow you to complete the mandatory 30 hours’ work experience required as part of this study programme
This course can be completed in one year or two years dependent on your grades. Please apply for the course as normal and you will be placed on the appropriate course during the application/ enrolment process. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Bedford College|| |
|Apply now|| |
|Tresham College Wellingborough campus|| |
|Apply now|| |
|Tresham College Corby campus|| |
|Apply now|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at: www.bedfordcollegegroup.co.uk/finance or view the Full-time Fee Flow Chart below.
If you are unsure whether you need to pay or not then please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990.Full-time Fee Flow Chart
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol onto one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not (Please note that if your course is not funded then you will pay a higher fee than what is listed, please contact our Customer Contact team for more information):
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Barnsley and Doncaster
- West Yorkshire
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.