OverviewAssistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship
An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an assistant accountant within practice or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements. In addition the Assistant Accountant may find themselves involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
Bedford College: 1 day a week in college
Tresham College Corby Campus: 1 evening a week in college
Central Bedfordshire College: 1 evening a week in college
Bedford: May – August for September start.
Corby: May – August for September start.
- Bedford College May – August for September start
- Tresham College Corby Campus May – August for September start
- Central Bedfordshire College May – August for September start
The apprenticeship covers a range of Skills Knowledge and Behaviours.
Whilst studying you will be supported throughout the programme to develop:
- Business Awareness
- Financial Accounting – Preparing financial statements
- Management accounting Techniques
- Tax Processes for Business
Diploma AAT Level 3:
- Business Awareness
- Financial accounting – preparing financial statements
- Management accounting techniques
- Tax processes for Business
For more information, please visit here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/assistant-accountant-v1-1
- Maths Grade 9-4
- English Grade 9-4
- Access to multiple IT packages including MS
- 20% off the job
- Access to Accounting software
- Access to analyse and report on financial data
- Financial accounting and management accounting
Progression to Level 4 AAT Diploma.
• Potential full-time employment options on completion, 18 months in industry experience as well as transferrable skills
• Progression to Leadership Finance Accountant
• AAT Books – £150 (subject to change each year)
• Additional AAT Level 3 Diploma – £567.00
Study is available at the following campuses:
- Bedford College
- Central Bedfordshire College
- Tresham College Corby Campus
How to apply
To start this Apprenticeship you will need to be employed in a relevant job role – visit the Apprenticeships section of our website, where you can view our Apprenticeship vacancies. For further information or queries you can email us or call 01234 291747.
Apprentices do not have to pay a fee to study, however the employer may be required to pay depending on their Levy entitlement/age of the candidate. For further information call 01234 291747.View apprenticeship vacancies
|Tresham College Corby campus
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.