We’re sure to have a course that suits you
Whether you’re completely new to computers or want to brush up your existing IT skills, we’re sure to have a course that suits you. Our IT training centres, based in Bedford, Corby and Kettering are professional, adult learning environments, located in easy to access venues.
Essential Digital Skills - Entry Level and Level 1
This course is aimed at learners who have little or no digital skills. You will learn about the following:
- Using devices (including how to store information)
- Creating and editing documents (using Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Communicating online (such as via Social Media)
- Transacting (buying) online
- Being responsible, safe and legal online
ITQ Level 2 Extended Certificate
This course is aimed at learners who have either achieved the Level 1 Certificate or already have experience, and a good understanding of Microsoft Office programmes. You will learn to develop your computer skills beyond intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
You will also complete the following Level 1 units:
- Sending and receiving email messages
- Using the internet to find information
- Keeping safe online
- Getting the most out of your mobile phone.
English & maths - Entry Level – Level 2
These courses are aimed at learners who want to develop basic English and maths skills
to use at work, at home and in life. You will develop your knowledge of the following:
- English (improve your reading, writing, and speaking and listening skills)
- Maths (improve your numeracy skills)
Our distance learning courses give you the opportunity to gain skills and a qualification without disrupting your day-to-day life. Provided you are over 19 and have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years, all of our Level 2 courses are free.Find out more