The Bedford College Group has re-confirmed its Department for Education “Matrix” standard.
The 2022 Matrix assessment confirms that The Group is meeting the highest standards in delivering Information, Advice and Guidance for those seeking education and training.
This includes the work carried out by Student Services in supporting 1,000s of people across The Group campuses in Beds and Northants.
Support and guidance
Head of Student Services Simone Newman said feedback from the latest inspection included:
- Professional integrity is strong
- There are clear CIAG roles
- People feel supported and staff feel confident in the communication they receive
- Social media is used effectively
- There is a common understanding of quality assurance through feedback, jotforms, FAQs etc
- There is a strong student voice
- The widening of the careers role to encompass additional responsibilities has enriched the breadth of support to support students
- Positive direction and purpose of the CIAG practices