We place our students at the heart of everything that we do
The Bedford College Group is made up of unique facilities across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire offering high quality learning experiences for every one of our students.
- Bedford College
- National College for Motorsport
- Shuttleworth College
- The Bedford Sixth Form
- The Learning Centres
- Tresham College
With approximately 15,000 full-time, higher education, part-time students and apprentices, our experienced staff and tutors are able to provide the skills training for students to progress to their first choice university or employer after their time at College, achieving their full potential.
Our dedicated Business Development team offer staff training solutions to local and national employers, working with thousands of businesses with bases within the South East Midlands. Our aim is to help organisations improve their performance and productivity through industry-specific training developed with our employer partners.
Whether you are leaving school, interested in studying for a degree closer to home or want to study part-time to improve your job prospects, we have a course suitable for you.
Community Engagement Case Studies
Aims & Values
“Delivering world class skills and vocational education to the communities we serve.”
Bedford College aims to be one of the best general further education colleges in the country, offering courses at all levels from entry level to higher education. In particular we wish to be recognised as:
- The leading advocate for learning within the local community with strong and productive links with other partners
- A nationally recognised centre of excellence in arts and technology education
- The leading provider of care, leisure and business training in the county
- The best local sixth form measured by results and value added scores
- A leading and innovative provider of work-based and community-based learning
- A provider of expert and individual guidance, advice and other student support services, including first class learning environments
- A first choice employer, well managed and financially robust.
Our values reflect the manner in which we set out to achieve our aims. We put the learner at the heart of all we do. Our three core values are:
We seek to achieve a high quality learning experience for every student.
We strive for consistently high levels of performance in all aspects of our work.
We treat everyone with respect, encourage openness and honesty, and recognise each other’s contributions and achievements.