You will find your Summer 2021 results on ProPortal from 8.30am on the date of release below. Please ensure the academic year at the top when you log in is set to 20-21.
Tuesday 10th August 2021 – GCE and Level 3 qualifications
Thursday 12th August – GCSE and Level 1/Level 2 Qualifications
This applies to qualification with Teacher Assessed Grades (TAG) only for learners completing their qualification in Summer 2021. Please check the full list of qualifications with TAG here if you are unsure.
For all other qualifications results and certificates will be sent to your home address within 3 weeks of receipt from the Awarding Organisation. Results will be available on ProPortal as they are received.
The Ofqual Student Guide to Awarding Summer 2021 is available here for information on how your grades have been awarded this year,
For learners who are midflight (have completed the 1st year of a 2 year qualification) – most awarding bodies will not release any interim or unit results this year. If your Awarding Body are issuing interim results these will be sent to your home address as soon as they are released. Please return to College as planned in September to continue your course.
Results will not be given by phone or email. Confirmation of results will be sent to your home address first class on the day of release or as soon as they are available.
Contacts for additional support
Proportal Login issues – firstname.lastname@example.org
Exams Department – 01234 291968 8am – 6pm (10th August –13th August).
Bedford Sixth Form – 01234 291291 8.30am – 4.00pm
Live Chat – available on the website for all enquiries
If you are not happy with your Teacher Assessed Grade result there are 2 options available;
- Enter for the examination in the Autumn 2021 Series – see below
- Appeal (N.B results may go up, down or stay the same)
To enable you to make an informed decision on submitting an appeal for your summer 2021 TAG grades/results, please ensure you have first checked your results on your ProPortal.
Once you have checked your results, and read both policies you can follow the steps below to submit a stage one appeal, or go down to the Autumn Term Examinations Section to apply to be entered for the autumn examinations so you can sit your exam(s).
The first stage of the appeals process for summer 2021 grades is a centre review and can be submitted once you have checked your results and read both policies.
You can submit a stage one appeal if you are unhappy with one or more of your results if you feel the centre has;
- failed to follow their procedures properly or consistently in arriving at your result(s)
- made an administrative error in relation to your result(s).
Submit a Stage One Appeal
If you need help completing the Stage One Appeal Form, please contact a member of our Student Services team who will be able to support you with the completion of the form.
Bedfordshire students contact;
- email@example.com or
- 01234 291 770
Northamptonshire students contact;
- firstname.lastname@example.org or
- 01536 413 232
Timelines for a Stage One Appeal
- Priority appeals – Only students applying to higher education who did not attain their firm choice and wish to appeal an A level or other Level 3 qualification result.
- Students must have submitted their stage one appeal to the centre by Monday 16th August 2021 at 3pm.
- Non priority appeals – all other students.
- Students must have submitted their appeal to the centre Friday 3rd September 2021 at 3pm.
Upon completing the Stage One Appeal Form, you will receive an acknowledgement email within 2 working days and an outcome to your appeal(s) via email within 5 working days.
You can only submit a stage two appeal upon the completion of your stage one appeal. Regardless of outcome, you will be provided the relevant information and links to submit a stage two appeal upon conclusion of your stage one appeal. More information on stage two appeals can be found in our Exam Appeals in Summer 2021 Policy.
Autumn Term Examinations
You should discuss exam opportunities with your tutor before 24th September 2021.
GCSE Autumn Term Examinations
You will be eligible to enter for the Autumn GCSE examinations if you received a grade in Summer 2021, or if you would have been entered for the exams in Summer 2021, had they taken place.
You can sit your Autumn examination at the Bedford College Group if:
- you attended the course at the Bedford College Group in 20/21
- you will be studying at the Bedford College Group in 21/22 and wish to improve your grade for GCSE Maths and English.
All students entering for Autumn 2021 examinations must ensure they are available to attend before making their exam entry. Full details are available at the links below:
Exam Access Arrangements
If you are new to the Bedford College Group you will have indicated on your enrolment form if you require support. The Additional Learning Support Team will be in touch to arrange an assessment.
Due to the early timing of GCSE Autumn exams if you are new to the Bedford College Group you must provide valid supporting evidence from your previous school. This must be provided before 26th September; failure to provide the evidence on time may result in the arrangement not being provided. In all cases arrangements will not be provided without the appropriate evidence.
Supportive evidence should be sent to:
- email@example.com (Bedfordshire Learners)
- TreshamALS@bedford.ac.uk (Northamptonshire learners)
GCSE Endorsement Grades (including GCSE English Language Speaking and Listening endorsement)
Endorsement grades will be carried forward from Summer 2021.
If you are new to the Bedford College Group you must provide your UCI number form your previous school on the entry form. This is a 13 digits (12 numerical,1 alpha) It can be found on the official awarding Body result slip or can be obtained from the examinations office at your previous school. Failure to provide your UCI number will result in an X grade for the endorsement.
GCSE Maths and English Language (Edexcel Pearson only)
N.B. If the Summer 2021 result for GCSE Maths/English is with another awarding body you can still sit the November examination with Pearson however the format of the paper and layout may be different.
You must follow the Exam entry process applicable to your situation as set out below:
a. Complete the entry form Here by Sunday 26th September 11pm latest if:
- You are a new or returning learner and have achieved a grade 4 and above but wish to enter to attempt to improve your grade
- You are not returning to College but wish to attempt to improve your grade
- You are returning to College Part-Time and wish to attempt to improve your grade
- You are a new learner to the Bedford College Group and achieved a grade 2 or below in Summer 2021 at school, have been enrolled and will attend a Functional skills study programme for maths and/or English with the Bedford College Group and wish to attempt to improve your GCSE grade
N.B. it is essential that learners enrolled on Functional Skills discuss their intention to sit the November GCSE exam with their lecturer before making the entry – this will be discussed in class.
The deadline for all GCSE November 2021 entries is 26th September 11pm. Late entries will not be accepted.
b. No action required – You will be entered for the November examinations by your lecturer if:
- You are a new learner or returning to the Bedford College Group Full Time, gained a grade 3 or below in Summer 2021 and will attend Maths/English GCSE classes
Any learner who fits criteria for ‘b’ but is unsure if they have been entered may do so using the form Here by 26th September 11pm
Confirmation of Entry
You can expect to receive confirmation of the entry by email or text by Monday 18th October 2021.
Any learner not entered by 26th September who wishes to sit a GCSE Maths/English examination will have the opportunity to sit the GCSE examination in Summer 2022.