17 June 2021
As the final day of term for all campuses comes to an end and you can all begin to enjoy a summer break, we wanted to get in touch to congratulate you on completing this academic year. Together with staff across the College, you have overcome the challenges that you have been faced with admirably. From having to study through a mix of online and face to face, another lockdown and, for some, adapted assessments, everyone can progress to their next year at the College or University, work or an apprenticeship.
By now you will have heard from your teachers or Personal Achievement Tutor with details if you need to attend to complete any exams or assessments after the end of this week. For other courses, where grades are subject to a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG), these have now been submitted by your teachers and will be verified by the awarding bodies and Ofqual before they are published in August.
The results for subjects that have had a TAG grade will be released on:
- 10th August (A level / Level 3) or
- 12th August (GCSE / Level 2).
However, if you have had to complete adapted assessments, these grades may be published later in the summer. Please check with your department when you should expect to receive your results. If you are continuing onto the next year of your course, you may be considered mid-flight and therefore will not receive any results this summer.
For students expecting results over the summer, please keep an eye out in your emails over the next few weeks for further details of how to log on to collect these using ProPortal, via Moodle.
We offer several progression route options right up to Higher Education which means you could study for your Degree with us. For further information, you should speak to your Personal Achievement Tutor, Course Tutor or Training Coordinator.
Following the government’s announcement on Monday 14 June, we will be maintaining all of the social distancing measures currently in place and will continue to monitor any developments to ensure everyone’s safety for their return in September. Some of these measures include:
- hygiene points at all entrances and exits to our buildings
- social distancing guidelines continue to be in place
- wearing face coverings whilst within College buildings and lessons
- regular rapid testing for COVID-19 using the home testing kits for students to use over the summer
Please continue to carry out rapid tests at home over the summer
With up to 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 not displaying any symptoms, rapid testing remains a vital tool to help us stay ahead of the virus. The twice-weekly regular testing habit is as important as ever and we urge everyone to continue to carry out two tests a week over the summer period.
Your teaching team will be able to supply enough tests for you to pick up before you leave for the summer to allow you to carry the tests out throughout the summer, however, you are also able to order these online via the government website.
If we are made aware of any local vaccination centres offering last-minute availability we will also share this on our website.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 you must self-isolate and arrange a test using the NHS website or telephone NHS 111 and follow the NHS track and trace process if you receive a positive test result.
We will also be in touch with all returning students and applicants due to start in September with full details of how we are making your learning environment as safe as possible.
If you do have any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact your Personal Achievement Tutor or Student Services by emailing:
- Bedfordshire campuses: Email email@example.com telephone 01234 291770
- Northamptonshire campuses: Email firstname.lastname@example.org telephone 01536 413232.
We hope that you and your family continue to be safe and well, and enjoy the summer holiday.