OverviewThe Early Years Workforce NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma
If you dream of embarking on a fulfilling career and love working with children and young people, a Childcare course is an excellent place to start. This course is perfect for learners aged 16 upwards who want to work with children from birth up to 5 years, and gain a strong knowledge of children up to 7 years of age.
Need to know
4 GCSEs grade 9-4 or A-C (including English).
If you do not meet these entry requirements please ask about our Level 2 programmes.
How will I be assessed?
Your assessments throughout this course will keep you on track to achieve; these could include observations in your work placement, assignment tasks and a portfolio of evidence to support your learning.
What will I study?
This course will prepare you to work with children between birth and 5 years, and make sure that you have excellent knowledge of children up to 7 years of age. This course enables you to work as an Early Years Educator upon successful completion. You will learn through a variety of different methods including practical work during your course to develop your skills. It is recommended that you undertake 250 hours of work placement in the duration of this course (this amounts to 1 or 2 days per week).
Your areas of study will include:
- Introducing the role of the Early Years Practitioner
- Legislation, framework and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
- Child development and health
- Observation and assessment
- Understanding children’s additional needs
Your Tutor will be on hand to support you throughout your course to develop your skills, prepare you for your next steps and help you to achieve your goals.
Your Study Programme includes valuable additions to help you succeed!
- You will have a regular 1:1 appointment with highly qualified and experienced Childcare professionals who will help you to manage your workload, give you valuable feedback and ensure that you meet College expectations.
- Careers Advice & Guidance is available throughout your time at CBC from our friendly, dedicated Advisors. They can provide you with a wide range of support including CV writing, UCAS applications, interview skills and much more.
Upon completing your course, you have a great range of options available to help you continue your adventure.
- You may choose to your studies and apply for University, your Level 3 course is the equivalent of 3 A Levels so you would be well placed to do this. Careers following University could include early years or primary school teacher, social worker and many more
- There are a range of employment options available to you following this course including roles such as a Nursery Assistant, Classroom Assistant, Play Group Leader and Nursery Practitioner
You will need to ensure that you have factored in the cost of travelling to College and potentially to a local work placement.
We do recommend a few good resources that you can choose to purchase which we discuss at interview. You will need to have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check to undertake the necessary work placements for this course. The cost of this is covered by the College and it is a requirement of all Childcare settings to ensure the safety of staff and learners.
|Cbc Dunstable Main Campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.