OverviewSupporting the Care of Children and Young People (T Level)
The T level in supporting the care of Children and Young people equips students with the skills and knowledge required to progress into skilled employment or Higher education routes related to the pathway specialism. Students wishing to pursue a career within Children’s Nursing should apply.
Students learn in an immersive environment as we have a fully equipped T level Health classroom that simulates a hospital ward (Tresham College).
- Industry placement for a minimum of 315 hours develops core skills relevant to healthcare
- Students undertake placement alongside registered healthcare professionals
- Occupational specialism enables students to learn about the skills and knowledge directly related to their chosen pathway
4 GCSEs grades 9- 4 OR equivalent, to include English, maths and Science.
An interest in becoming a Children’s Nurse, a good work ethic, positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Core units for year 1:
- Working within the healthcare sector
- Health and safety
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
Core science concepts covering physics, chemistry, biology, genetics and microbiology
Further science concepts covering Anatomy & physiology, Epidemiology, classification of diseases and disorders, Injury and trauma and Health promotion.
Core skills to include person centred care skills, communication, team working, reflective evaluation, researching and presenting.
Core units for year 2:
Occupational specialism Core – Supporting Healthcare:
- Assist with an individual’s overall care and needs to ensure comfort and wellbeing
- Assist registered health professionals with clinical or therapeutic tasks and interventions
- Undertake a range of physiological measurements
Occupational specialism – Supporting the Care of Children and Young People:
- Assist with clinical tasks and treatment for children and young people
- Provide care and support to children and young people before, during and after clinical or therapeutic procedures
- Support parents, families and carers to meet the needs of the children and young people
NCFE T Level Technical qualification in Health (Level 3)
Industry placement makes up 20% of this qualification and students will be required to complete a minimum of 315 hours in a Health-based placement during the 2 year study programme.
Year 1: 2 paper based examinations and 1 employer set project
Year 2: Variety of synoptic assessments
Students can progress onto a University degree course in Children’s Nursing or higher level apprenticeship.
Students can progress onto a career within Children’s nursing.
- Students will require appropriate trousers and footwear for placement
- A placement tunic will be provided by the college
|Tresham College Kettering Campus|| |
|Apply now|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.