OverviewPlumbing Advanced (Level 3)
This study programme will provide you with the knowledge and theory you need to work in the plumbing industry.
To begin this study programme you will need…
Duration: 1 Year
- Plumbing & Heating at Level 2
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Planning complex domestic plumbing activities
- Installing complex domestic plumbing systems and components
- Commissioning and decommissioning complex domestic plumbing systems
- Servicing and maintaining complex domestic plumbing system components
- Maintaining effective plumbing working relationships
- Contributing to the improvement of complex plumbing business products and services
- Planning domestic plumbing gas systems work activities
- Installing domestic plumbing gas systems and components
- Systems involved in the above units are:
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Above-ground discharge pipe work systems and connections to below-ground discharge pipe work systems
- Electrical and earthing systems
- Domestic gas
- English and maths:
If you don’t already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Work experience
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications
You will be continually assessed in site-simulated areas, by a number of multiple choice papers and one formal written assessment.
Plumbing Studies City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma
- English and maths qualifications if required
- Health, Safety and Environment (CSCS) Test
On successful completion you could progress on to employment as a qualified plumber in building, domestic, industry and commercial environments, where you could combine your job with part-time study at the College to gain an NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing.
To undertake this study programme:
• You will be required to wear suitable safety footwear and overalls whilst in the workshop
• You will be required to pay £30 towards materials for you to complete this study programme
|Tresham College Corby campus||
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 to order your copy.