OverviewIT Essentials CISCO Level 2 (CompTIA A+ exam optional)
Our industry experienced teaching staff will provide you with a comprehensive instructor led, classroom-based delivery. Each session will comprise of theory and practical delivery and activities.
This intensive course will focus on all essential areas of IT Support. You will learn a different IT topic each week, culminating in an end of course multiple-choice exam.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
- CompTIA ITF+
- Experience within an IT based role
You will study:
- Select the appropriate computer components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
- Explain how to correctly use tools and safely work in a lab.
- Install components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
- Explain how to perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on personal computers.
- Install Windows operation systems.
- Perform management and maintenance of Windows operating systems.
- Configure computers to communicate on a network.
- Configure devices to connect to the Internet and Cloud services.
- Explain how to use, configure, and manage laptops and mobile devices.
- Explain how to configure, secure, and troubleshoot mobile, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
- Install and share a printer to meet requirements.
- Implement basic host, data, and network security.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the IT professional.
This course will be assessed by:
- Weekly chapter exams located on the Cisco Netacad online Platform
- End of course multiple-choice exam
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.