OverviewInstallation & Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems City & Guilds 2399-12 Level 3 Award
This qualification suitable if you want to gain a basic understanding of small scale environmental technologies to allow you to advise home owners. During the course you will learn, develop and demonstrate the knowledge required for employment and/or career progression in environmental technologies within the building services engineering sector. This qualification acts as continuing professional development for qualified electricians, plumbers and mechanical engineers who wish to broaden their skills. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of environmental technologies and the competence to install and maintain these in the home environment.
For more information or to enrol onto this course, please contact our Business Development team by clicking here.
|Bedford College|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
To begin this course you will need to have obtained the N/SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence. In addition, if not included in the above current certification you will need to have achieved the BS 7671: 2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition) Certification. Standalone vocationally related qualifications (technical certificates) are not acceptable as an alternative to the NVQ awards stated above.
You will study the following units:
- Knowing the fundamental working principles, installation options and regulatory requirements for micro renewable energy and water conservation technologies
- Knowing the requirements to install, commission and handover small scale solar photovoltaic systems
- Installing, commissioning and handover of small scale solar photovoltaic systems
- Knowing the requirements to inspect, service and maintain small scale solar photovoltaic systems
- Inspecting, servicing and maintaining small scale solar photovoltaic systems.
You will be assessed via an online exam, as well as a practical exam at the end of the second day (55 minutes), third day (90 minutes) and fourth day (40 minutes) of the course.
On completion of each of these qualifications candidates may progress into employment or to one of the other following City & Guilds qualifications:
- 2399-13 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- 2399-14 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- 2399-23 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation of Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- 2399-24 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Solar Thermal Hot Water Systems
- 2399-33 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation of Heat Pump Systems (Non-refrigerant circuits)
- 2399-34 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pump Systems (Non-refrigerant circuits)
- 2399-43 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation of Water Harvesting and Re-use Systems
- 2399-44 City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Water Harvesting and Re-use Systems.
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.