OverviewIndian Head Massage City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma
Indian head massage is an ancient art handed down through generations in India which aims to promote health, beauty and a long life. This massage technique focuses on the head, neck and shoulders and can complement other massage techniques for wellbeing.
- Evidence of working at GCSE grade D (3) and above or
- Any Level 2 or 3 qualifications
- A good standard of written and spoken English to allow for study and competence for the online examinations.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Health and Safety for the Hair and Beauty industry or already hold a recognised qualification in Health & Safety (proof will be required).
- It is also desirable that you have good people skills that enhance working with clients
You will study:
- Preparation of client including consultation methods.
- Health & safety requirements for Indian Head Massage
- The massage covers: face, scalp, upper back, neck, chest and arms.
- The ethos of Ayurveda as well as chakra and marma requirements.
- After-care requirements
- Anatomy & Physiology
You will gain:
- Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage
- Level 2 Award in Follow Health and Safety Practice in the Salon
- Theory exams are via City & Guilds EVOLVE on line assessments (ICT based)
- Practical bases assessments.
You can progress onto further qualifications e.g. Body Massage.
This course can lead to employments as an Indian Head Massage therapist.
Requires stationary – a folder and clip board and note pad and pen for note taking.
A uniform is required approx. £50
|Brooks Hair & Beauty Bedford|| |
|Apply now|| |
|Tresham College Corby campus|| |
|Apply now|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.Part-time Fee Flow Chart
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol on one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not (Please note that if your course is not funded then you will pay a higher fee than what is listed, please contact our Customer Contact team for more information):
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.