OverviewGeneral Engineering BSc (HONS) Top-Up (Part time)
If you have graduated with an HND in Engineering, then this course will allow you to top-up to achieve a degree qualification in Engineering. The course enables you to complete your engineering studies at degree-level in a single year of study, building on your existing knowledge gained at HND level, without the need to take a full three or four-year degree programme. In this course you will study the first semester at Bedford College, followed by the second semester at the University of Northampton.
How to apply
How to apply
You will need to apply via the University of Northampton’s portal, located at www.northampton.ac.uk/applyonline.
- When you select the course and search for Engineering, you should choose CBSCENGINTU – 3PT BSc Engineering Top-up to select the PT (part-time) route.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox as opposed to Internet Explorer.
- In addition to capturing your personal information, the university requires you to upload a personal statement document and upload scans of your qualification certificates.
- You will also need to indicate how you will be paying the tuition fees: HE loan, self-fee payer, sponsor/employer to pay fees etc. If your employer should be invoiced, you will also need to upload a letter of authorisation from your employer on headed paper confirming this.
|Bedford College|| |
|Apply now|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
You must have an HND in either Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering.
The course covers a range of electrical, mechanical, and general engineering topics, to provide a general foundation in engineering at degree-level.
- Advanced Electro-Mechanical System Design
- Machines and Mechanisms
- Computer Simulation and Modelling
- Lean Manufacturing & Quality Applications
- Engineering Project.
The course introduces studying at degree-level at the University of Northampton, with options to continue to further engineering courses at the University.
Assessment is by coursework, oral presentations, group work, practical reports, critical reviews and end of module exams.
After this course, you can enter a number of engineering sectors in the industry including roles within the manufacturing, pharmaceutical and automotive sectors as well as scientific writing and journalism as well as marketing and sales. Alternatively, you could choose to continue your study at the university towards a postgraduate degree leading to a Master’s level qualification or continue to study an area of specific interest and gain a PhD qualification.
You will need to plan for studying for the first semester at Bedford College, followed by the second semester at the University of Northampton.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.