OverviewFelling & Processing Trees up to 380mm NPTC Level 2 Award Refresher (CS31)
This is a two day practical refresher course for candidates who already have a recognised City and Guilds competency certificate in tree felling. The refresher course provides updates to legislation and industry changes of practice and operation. Courses are bespoke dependent upon candidate update requirements. (This is not a standalone competency certificate).
For more information or to enrol onto this course, please contact our Business Development team by clicking here.
- You must be 16 years old or over to undertake this course.
- As this is a short and very intense course, you must be able to proficiently operate powered arboriculture machinery used during the training.
- To be able to complete this course you must have achieved the Award for felling and processing trees up to 380mm.
- Be able to work safely
- Be able to fell and process trees up to 380mm
- Know relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- Know how to fell and process trees up to 380mm
- Know how to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- Know how to take down hung-up trees
- Forestry Helmet (EN 397) with ear muffs and mesh visor.
- Chainsaw Protective Trousers (pr EN 381-5) Type C all-round leg protection.
- Safety Boots with chainsaw protection to BS EN ISO 20345:2004 and bearing a shield depicting a chainsaw to show compliance with EN381-3 (toe cap – EN 345 Chainsaw protection pr EN 345 part 2). For on ground operations, Forestry ‘Wellingtons’ with chainsaw protection are suitable.
- Chainsaw gloves (EN381-7)
Any other tools and equipment required will be listed on the joining instructions. These will be emailed to you a few weeks before the course is due to start – please contact us to confirm you have the required items.
Chainsaws can be hired from the college for the course duration if you do not have access to your own equipment, PPE however cannot be provided.
Battery powered chainsaws can also be used by candidates if you prefer.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.Find out more
This course could be FREE! You could be eligible for free study if you are unemployed and on a qualifying benefit. To find out if you are eligible open our Part-time fee flow chart below or call our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990.
Part-time Fee Flow Chart
If you live in any of the following areas and wish to apply for or enrol on one of our courses, please contact our Customer Contact team on 0345 658 8990 to check if your course is funded or not (Please note that if your course is not funded then you will pay a higher fee than what is listed, please contact our Customer Contact team for more information):
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West of England
- West Midlands
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
If you would like to find out more about this or other courses, please use our Livechat below, email email@example.com or call us on 0345 658 8990.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.