OverviewDatabase Fundamentals and Database Programming
Our industry experienced teaching staff will provide you with a comprehensive instructor led, classroom-based delivery. You will also have access to the Oracle Academy Programme.
You will cover topics including: Entity relationship modelling, database design, development, and normalization.
The language of the database using SQL (Structured Query Language) through accessing data with SQL, data definitions, manipulations, and control languages and transaction control.
Desirable entry requirements are Knowledge of Data modelling/Use of databases/SQL
You will study:
- Database Design using Oracle data modelling techniques
- Database programming with SQL using APEX platform to write and execute SQL statements
- Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Data Control Language (DCL)
- Database entities and attributes
- Database Queries
- Database relationship basics including super-types, subtypes, transferability
- Resolving many to many (M:M) relationships
- Database technologies
- Database Columns, Characters, Values and Rows
- Logical comparisons and precedence rules
- Number, character, date, conversion, and null functions
- Conditional expressions
- Group functions
This course will be assessed by:
- An Entity Relationship Diagram assignment for a given scenario
- A multi-choice test in SQL
You will gain:
- Bedford College Database Fundamentals and Programming with SQL Using Oracle Certificate of Competition
- Ability to move onto Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate exam
- Move on to learn PL/SQL, a procedural language extension to SQL
- Database Administrator
- SQL Database Developer
- Database Specialist
- A career in a database environment
|Bedford College|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.