OverviewData Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
This occupation is found in all sectors where data is generated or processed including but not limited to finance, retail, education, health, media, manufacturing, and hospitality. The broad purpose of the occupation is to source, format, and present data securely in a relevant
way for analysis using basic methods; to communicate outcomes appropriate to the audience; analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes; blend data from multiple sources as directed and apply legal and ethical principles when manipulating data.
During the apprenticeship you will learn:
- Sourcing, formatting, and presenting data securely in a relevant way for analysis
using basic method
- Communicating outcomes appropriate to the audience; analyse structured and
unstructured data to support business outcomes
- Blending data from multiple sources as directed and applying legal and ethical
principles when manipulating data
- Interacting with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, managers,
customers, and internal and external suppliers
Online courses will also be set around:
- Algorithms, and how they work to provide a step-by-step solution to a problem, or
rules to follow to solve the problems and the potential to use automation.
- Applying basic statistical methods and algorithms to identify trends and patterns in
data and basic statistical methods and simple data modelling to extract relevant data and normalise unstructured data
Work will be set via our e portfolio system and a tutor will come out to see you at work and meet via teams regularly to support you during the programme.
For more information, please visit here:
- Sourcing data from a collection of already identified trusted sources in a secure manner
- Collating and formatting data to facilitate processing and presentation for review
and further advanced analysis by others
- Presenting data for review and analysis by others, using required mediums for
example tables, charts, and graphs
- Blending data by combining data from various sources and formats to explore its
relevance for the business needs
- Analysing simple and complex structured and unstructured data to support
business outcomes using basic statistical methods to analyse the data
- Validating results of analysis using various techniques, e.g cross checking, to
identify faults in data results and to ensure data quality
- Communicating results verbally, through reports and technical documentation
and tailoring the message for the audiences
- Storing, managing and sharing data securely in a compliant manner
- Collaborating with people both internally and externally at all levels with a view to
creating value from data
- Practising continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological
developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own
- Minimum 20% off the job requirement commitment from employer
This standard aligns with the following professional recognition: RITTech for 3 years.
Potential Full-time employment options on completion, nearly 2 years in industry experience as well as transferrable skills.
Study is available at the following campuses:
- Bedford College
- Tresham College
|Bedford College|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
How to apply
To start this Apprenticeship you will need to be employed in a relevant job role – visit the Apprenticeships section of our website, where you can view our Apprenticeship vacancies. For further information or queries you can email us or call 01234 291747.
Apprentices do not have to pay a fee to study, however the employer may be required to pay depending on their Levy entitlement/age of the candidate. For further information call 01234 291747.View apprenticeship vacancies
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.