OverviewCreative Media Production (Visual Effects) Pearson BTEC HNC (full-time)
The one year long Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Creative Media Production (Animation) will enable students to develop knowledge and awareness of key aspects of Creative Media Production. The course is a broad introduction to the subject area and affords the student opportunity to develop 2D and 3D digital skills for character animation and interface design. You will work in purpose built studios equipped with industry standard software tools, for example: Adobe Animate, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya and Maxon Cinema 4D, Unity and Unreal. On completion of the HNC you will have the opportunity to progress to the HND in Creative Media Production.
To apply to this course visit the UCAS website here or call 0345 658 8990 for further information.
|Bedford College|| |
|Fee notes: The fee indicated above is the fee for each year of the course.|
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
You will need:
- 32-48 UCAS points with some art, design and media element OR
- Art & Design BTEC Level 3 Diploma OR
- Art & Design Foundation Diploma (Pre-Degree) OR
- Equivalent Level 3 qualification
Entry is subject to a successful interview, where you will be asked to bring along a portfolio of your existing work. Applicants from A-Level courses displaying high levels of creativity will also be considered. We welcome applications from mature students who will considered individually on experience rather than qualifications.
You will be introduced to animation principles, develop rig and animate character, investigate environmental designs (for animations or games), basic programming concepts as well as video editing. Students will be working to professional expectations within the course and will also undertake live project for external clients.
Modules may include:
- Visual Communication in Art and Design
- Ideas Generation and Development in Art and Design
- Contextual and Cultural Referencing in Art and Design
- Professional Practice in art and Design
- Project Design, Implementation and evaluation
- Interactive Media Design and Prototyping
- Animation Techniques for Interactive in Art and Design
- 3D Computer Modelling and Animation
- Computer Programming Principles
- Interactive Media Technology
- Computing Fundamentals
- 2D, 3D and Time-Based Digital Applications
- Digital Media in Art and Design
- Digital Image Creation and Development
- Drawing Techniques and Processes in Art and Design
- Communication with Images in Art and Design.
You will be assessed through one externally set and externally assessed unit, seven internally assessed units through practical project work.
You will gain:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Creative Media Production (Animation)
On completion of this course, you will be focused on gaining art development work within games or animation companies. This may be on a freelance basis or direct employment on long or short-term contracts. You will be working in the field of 3D modelling/animation as an animator, environmental artist, character artist, concept artist or other affiliated role. Graduates can work as animators, producers, modellers and effect designers working in TV, games, commercials and film.
Example list of software that you will be exposed to on this course:
- Autodesk Maya, Mudbox, Matchmover
- Adobe; Photoshop, Illustrator, Aftereffects, Premier
- Maxon Cinema 4D
- Resource fee of £150 to cover an animation related trip/visit and specialist animation paper.
Please note: You will be required to attend college 2 days per week (days to be confirmed)
You could be eligible to take out a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. Click on the link below to find out more about the financial support available for our Higher Education courses.Find out more
If you decide to pay for your course yourself, we also offer an affordable Direct Debit instalments option to help spread the cost of tuition fees (terms apply).
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.