OverviewConstruction Site Management CSkills Awards NVQ Level 6 Diploma
This qualification provides site managers working in construction with the opportunity to demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed for their job role. Much of the qualification can be assessed on-site so no work time is lost, but you will need to attend College one evening each month to gain further vital knowledge. This qualification provides evidence that you are qualified to undertake construction site management. You will develop new skills and improve performance, as well as gaining the vital skills you will need to obtain a platinum CSCS card, which shows you are an experienced manager.
For more information or to enrol onto this course, please contact our Business Development team by clicking here.
|Work based|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
No formal qualifications are required for entry onto the course, but you must be working in a supervisory or management role within the construction industry.
You will study units including:
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Allocating work and checking peoples performance
- Enabling learning opportunities
- Contributing to the identification of a work team
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining systems for managing health, safety and welfare
- Establishing, controlling and monitoring environmental factors and sustainability
- Evaluating and selecting work methods
- Planning the preparation of the site for the project
- Monitoring project activities
- Ensuring that work activities and resources meet project work requirements
- Identifying, allocating and planning the deployment and use of plant, equipment or machinery
- Organising, controlling and monitoring supplies of materials
- Establishing and monitoring communication systems and organisational procedures
- Controlling project progress against agreed quality standards
- Establishing dimensional control criteria
- Controlling project progress against agreed programmes
- Controlling project quantities and costs
- Evaluating feedback information and recommending improvements
- Managing your personal development.
Continuous assessment of your evidence will be used to confirm competence for each unit of study.
On completion you will also be formally qualified to undertake Construction Site Management. You are also able to apply for specific CSCS card (Platinum type) which proves you are an Experienced Manager.
The course is designed predominantly around the OSAT programme of delivery. The course will last up to one year and course dates are flexible.
You could be eligible to take out a loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. Click on the link below to find out more about the financial support available for our Higher Education courses.Find out more
If you decide to pay for your course yourself, we also offer an affordable Direct Debit instalments option to help spread the cost of tuition fees (terms apply).
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.