OverviewCISCO Academy CCNA Part 2: Routing & Switching Essentials
Our industry experienced teaching staff will provide you with a comprehensive instructor led, classroom-based delivery.
This CCNA course follows on from the Introduction to Networks. You will learn through theory and practical sessions how switching technologies and router operations that support small-to-medium business networks. It includes wireless local area networks (WLAN), wide area networking (WAN) technologies and security concepts.
You will be able to perform basic network configuration and troubleshooting, identify and mitigate LAN security threats, and configure and secure a basic WLAN.
|Bedford College|| |
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the information on the Website is correct, some details may be subject to change. The Bedford College Group reserves the right to make amendments to the courses, dates, fees or other details, and to make cancellations or changes if numbers are insufficient. In the unfortunate situation that we have to cancel a course we will refund your fees in full, but we regret we are not able to offer any refund if you withdraw from your course or fail to start, and you will be liable to pay any outstanding fees that may be due.
CISCO CCNA 1 – Introduction to Networks
Experience working within an IT based role
You will complete the following course units:
- Configure devices using security best practices.
- Explain how Layer 2 switches forward data.
- Implement VLANs and trunking in a switched network.
- Troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing on Layer 3 devices.
- Explain how STP enables redundancy in a layer 2 network.
- Troubleshoot EtherChannel on switched networks.
- Implement DHCPv4 to operate across multiple LANs.
- Configure dynamic address allocation in IPv6 networks.
- Explain how FHRPs provide default gateway services in a redundant network.
- Explain how vulnerabilities compromise LAN security.
- Configure switch security to mitigate LAN attacks.
- Explain how WLANs enable network connectivity.
- Implement a WLAN using a wireless router and a WLC.
- Explain how routers use information in packets to make forwarding decisions.
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 static routes.
- Troubleshoot static and default routes
This course will be assessed by:
- Weekly chapter exams located on the Cisco Netacad online Platform
- End of course multiple-choice exam
You will gain:
- Cisco CCNA 2: Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials Certificate of Completion
CISCO CCNA 3 Enterprise Networking, Security and Automation
Network system analyst
Senior network technician
Network and Security Engineer
IT Network Manager
Desktop Support Engineer
You will be given advice on taking the CCNA exam during the course.
Pay by instalments
The College offers an instalment plan for Further Education and Higher Education courses to students where the total amount payable at the point of enrolment is £200 or more. Within the scheme there is an ability to pay up to 6 instalments, depending on the length of the courses and the final payment must be paid at least a month before the end of the course.
Additional Learning Support
If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability, are deaf or hearing impaired, our Additional Learning Support team are on hand to give you assistance whenever you need it.
Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome Support
We are committed to developing the provision for students on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have access arrangements in place to help students with disabilities or any other particular needs. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 for more information.
Course information sheets are also available in large print and audio formats. Call us on 01234 291000 or 01536 413123 to order your copy.