Getting back into education as an adult can be a daunting prospect for some, but it doesn’t have to be.
Especially as many of our courses are FREE.
At our upcoming open day events this March & April, our friendly and expert team of staff and tutors will be on hand to answer any questions you might have to do with jumping back into education.
Whatever your level when you left education, we have something for almost everyone!
Come along and talk to the team about our following provisions and programmes:
- Free IT Training – This programme of study is offered out of our Learning Centres, which are professional learning environments for developing personal skills relating to IT proficiency and usage. Whether you’re completely new to computers or want to brush up on existing IT skills, this provision is sure to have what you’re looking for.
- Access to Higher Education – If you want to study at the higher education level but lack the relevant qualifications, our one-year, intensive courses are ideal for you. Our Access to Higher Education Diplomas build the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to progress on to higher education in the subject area you’re interested in. They are recognised by universities across the UK and allow entry on to higher education courses in your chosen specialist area.
- Teacher Education – If you are considering a career in teaching post-16 learners, or if you are currently working as a verifier or assessor, these courses are designed to help you improve your knowledge of working in education so that you’ll be ready once you make the leap.
- Adult English & maths – These courses will help you to develop the essential skills and confidence you need for everyday life and to further your education and career prospects. We also offer English and maths GCSEs – it’s never too late to take these core qualifications, which can open doors to a whole range of further education and career development opportunities.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – Our programme of study for speakers of other languages enables its learners to improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, to be used in day-to-day situations and as well as with further study and employment opportunities.
- Pre-Employment Training – This programme of study is aimed at those looking to prepare for the world of work for the first time, where course content aims to build up skills and confidence in areas such as interview preparation, effective communication, conduct at work and much more.
To find out more about our provisions above, you can visit the above links, but for the best and most informative experience, our upcoming events are the opportunity that you don’t want to miss.
Bedford: Thursday 16th March @ 5pm-8pm
Bedford: Saturday 18th March @ 2pm-5pm
Corby: Thursday 23rd March @ 5pm-8pm
Corby: Saturday 25th March @ 9am-1pm
Kettering: Thursday 30th March @ 5pm-8pm
Kettering: Saturday 1st April @ 2pm-5pm
Locations for each event:
Bedford Learning Centre
88 High Street
Corby Learning Centre
40 George Street
Kettering Learning Centre
9-10 Newland Street