The Bedford College Group prides itself on offering high quality teaching, learning and support to its students and by working alongside employers to provide the skills they need to see in their workforce.
Each year the Group, its staff and its student win national, regional and sector specific awards in recognition of the hard work and determination that is encouraged across all of our colleges.
- Laser Learning Recognition of Excellence Awards
Childcare, Work-Based Learning Team – WON.
- Pearson National Teaching Awards 2021 FE Lecturer of the Year
Steph Lee-Vae – WON SILVER.
- Pearson National Teaching Awards, 2021 FE Team of the Year
Motor Vehicle Team – WON SILVER.
- Dulux Selector Decorator Awards Apprentice Mentor Award
Mike Pool – WON.
- NCFE Aspirations Awards, The Frontline Leader Award – East of England
Kylie Rawlins, Level 5 Apprentice – WON.
- Nollywood Awards -Best Drama and Best First Feature Africa
Matthew Jolasho – Both awards WON.
- PCA Vision Student Design Competition Awards, Workwear Category Student Designer
Jasmine Young – WON.
- Apprentice of the Year Awards, 2021 Higher/Degree Apprentice of the Year
Jo Adkins – WON.
- Apprentice of the Year Awards, Advanced Apprentice of the Year
Kelly Durham-Flinter – WON.
- Northamptonshire Food and Drink Awards 2021/22, Food and Drink college student of the year
Lewis Gurney – WON BRONZE.
- Bedfordshire Chamber Awards 2022 - Diversity and Inclusion category
Equality and Diversity Team – WON.
- Decentralised Energy Awards, Heat and Efficiency Innovation Category
Brundtland Building Water Source Heat Pump – WON.
- Achieved Matrix Standard 2022
- GOLD Stonewall Award awarded in November 2021
The Research College Group
Historically, academic research within general and vocational Further Education (FE) colleges had not been actively encouraged or developed. Research being undertaken tended to be in silos and not shared openly or disseminated widely across the sector. This limited the reach
and benefit of the small amount of high-quality research work that was being done.
In 2021, The Bedford College Group was a founding member of The Research College Group which represents 10 organisations who lead in practitioner research.